|“||This power cell is apparently capable of generating enough energy to power the alien craft and its requisite systems. The Elerium core must be the key to its amazing efficiency.||”|
– Gray Market description
UFO Power Sources can be recovered following successful UFO landing and crash site missions involving all classes of alien ships. Small Scouts yield a maximum of one power source, while larger ships can yield up to four.
Gray Market ValueEdit
|Engineering Projects||Research Projects||XCOM Facilities|
|Firestorm||1||UFO Power Source||1||Elerium Generator||2|
- UFO Power Sources are highly volatile and can be damaged by simple gunfire. Be wary of allowing a firefight to break out in the vicinity if you wish to claim them intact.
- Equipping Interceptors with an EMP Cannon improves the odds of finding an undamaged power source at the ensuing crash site.
- An exploding UFO Power Source deals ten points of damage to those nearby.
- Special alien ships like the Overseer support dual-constructed power sources.
- The original UFO: Enemy Unknown (1994) states that UFO Power Sources are anti-matter reactors which use the transuranic element known as Elerium to generate powerful gravity waves, as an exotic form of propulsion. This closely resembles statements made by a UFO researcher who claims to have examined multiple alien spacecraft.