Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is the third-person tactical shooter game developed by 2K Marin. Previously announced as a first-person shooter called XCOM, the game was delayed and then re-announced under the new title and released August 20th 2013.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is a single-player game focused on telling the origin story of the XCOM initiative. The game does not feature any multiplayer modes.
The year is 1962, JFK is President and the Cold War has the nation gripped by fear - but a far more powerful and insidious enemy than communism is threatening America. Known only to a select few, a top-secret government unit called The Bureau begins investigating and concealing a series of mysterious attacks by an otherworldly enemy. As special agent William Carter, players call the shots, pull the trigger and lead their squad in a gripping third-person tactical shooter set within a high-stakes, covert war to protect humanity. The Bureau's mission is clear - survive, adapt and overcome the enemy threat. The Bureau has been erasing the truth for decades. The time will come for the truth to be revealed.
For further details (with spoilers), see Storyline.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified features tactical squad-based third-person combat where the player controls the actions of Agent Carter who in turn is able to use the Battle Focus interface to direct the actions of the agents of his squad. These additional agents are able to rank up and be customized but are also subject to permanent death if killed in the field.
- Uncover the Mystery: Fight through the streets of 1960’s America as you uncover the declassified truth behind mankind’s first enemy invasion.
- Be the Field Leader: As William Carter, a highly intelligent special agent, call the shots and pull the trigger. Formulate the plan of action, execute well-timed ambushes and flank your attackers to obliterate the threat.
- Tactical Combat: Use your strategy to your advantage: enter Battle Focus to slow down time and execute your next move, commanding your squad with a variety of tactical actions to turn the tide in your favor.
- No Second Chances: Pay the price for mistakes - permadeath will make you value your squad mates more than ever, and make losing one of them all the more painful.
- Strategic Reflexes: Turn an enemy misstep into your strategic advantage. Give tactical commands on the fly to outsmart the enemy and make split-second decisions to save the lives of your squad.
- Customization That Counts: Train each of your squad mates into unique specializations, allowing for a dynamic combination of skills to compliment your play style.
Downloadable Content & Pre-Order Bonuses Edit
Players who pre-ordered the game received this bonus campaign side-mission. In the mission, The Bureau has lost contact with a communications facility responsible for intercepting and interpreting the enemy’s transmissions. Special Agent Carter and his squad must make contact with any remaining personnel and investigate the incident.The mission can now be purchased separately as a small DLC.
Light Plasma PistolEdit
Additionally, players who pre-ordered from GameStop received the powerful Light Plasma Pistol as an exclusive in-game item.The weapon can now be purchased separately as a small DLC.
The Hangar 6: R&D prequel mini-campaign puts the players in the shoes of Agent Nico DaSilva and his squad during the days leading up to the events of the main game. Working together with Dr. Heinrich Dresner, the Agents are tasked with severing Mosaic's connection to Subject 23 (and potentially every other Sleepwalker out there) and will be the first of humanity to experience the brutality of the Outsider invasion.