- Main article: Squad Tactics (XCOM: Enemy Unknown)
Support Class builds suitable for all difficulties and DLCs:
Combat Medic SoldierEdit
Early-game "savior" build (1-2 months):
- Sprinter, Field Medic, Revive, Dense Smoke, Savior
- Medikits, Arc Thrower, Laser Rifle, Skeleton Suit
- Tactical Rigging, Improved Medikit, Improved Arc Thrower, Mimetic Skin, Lead By Example
Four Savior Medikits and a Dense Smoke Grenade helps ensure the squad's mission success, increases efficiency of alien captures and meld recovery, and remains versatile for any situation. Even early game, the medic can still be trained and equipped so that it can be effective late game.
Field Engineer SoldierEdit
Mid-game "sentinel" build (3-4 months):
- Covering Fire, Smoke and Mirrors, Rifle Suppression, Dense Smoke, Sentinel
- Arc Thrower, Ghost Grenades, Light Plasma Rifle, Ghost Armor
- Tactical Rigging, Drone Capture, S.H.I.V. Repair, Mimetic Skin, Lead By Example
Ideal for squads consisting of 1-3 Heavies / M.E.C.s for breaking cover, and 2-4 S.H.I.V.s for high-risk scouting and suppression. Three Dense Smoke protects the S.H.I.V.s as they absorb enemy fire. An Arc Thrower keeps the S.H.I.V.s and MECs propped up. Rifle Suppression deals with multiple tough enemies in a mission. Ghost Grenades, Sentinel and Covering Fire performs flawlessly against enemy flankers.
Covering fire alone is not much. But if you combine it with an Assault who has Lightning Reflexes, now that's a whole different story. It gives some real depth to the class system. Support on overwatch at key points and then go in with assault revealing enemies it works wonders. There is nothing more satisfying than watching an enemy get revealed and then get auto-blown up without getting a chance to do anything.
Late-game "trainer" build (5+ months):
- Sprinter, Smoke and Mirrors, Rifle Suppression, Combat Drugs, Savior
- Medikits, Flashbangs, Light Plasma Rifle, Psi Armor
- Tactical Rigging, Mimetic Skin, Psi Inspiration, Mind Control, Lead By Example, Star of Terra
Specifically designed for promoting Rookies and Squaddies during Scout crash site missions and Covert Operations against EXALT. Combat Drugs and Psi Inspiration counteracts Psi-attacks and panic-induced Intimidate. Two Savior Medikits, Flashbangs, and Suppression are vital against tougher targets, locking them down and letting Rookies engage in "live-fire target practice".