As with all conventional weapons, the Sniper Rifle is available at the beginning of the game. Supply is unlimited.
|Base Damage||Crit Damage||Crit Chance||Range|
|3 - 5||6 - 8||25%||Long|
|“||▪ Unlike other weapons, Sniper Rifles are less accurate the closer the shooter gets to the target|
▪ Sniper rifles have the best base chance to cause critical hits
▪ Snipers cannot move and fire in the same turn without advanced training
▪ Consider equipping Snipers with the best pistols XCOM has, so they can fire even when
forced to move
|– Tactical Info, XCOM: Enemy Unknown|
- After firing the weapon the character animation does not sync up with the movement of the bolt action, giving it the appearance of magically moving backwards and then sliding into the closed position (this is only cosmetic and does not impact game performance).
- The Sniper Rifle appears to be loosely based on a hybrid of the PGM Hécate II and PGM 338 sniper rifles, with the most obvious resemblances being the bolt-action nature, adjustable stock and the Hécate II's general visual profile. The EXALT version of the rifle has a similar appearance, though being colored black instead of XCOM's default tan.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|