|“||This device has been programmed to mimic the auditory cues the invaders appear to use in the field. It can be used to attract their attention to an area.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Within
Production Time: Immediate
- 5 Engineers
- Thrown like a grenade
- Emits sounds that correspond to alien tactical cues
- Causes aliens within radius to approach the beacon for 2 turns
- Enemies already in combat are less likely to be fooled
- Tossed like a grenade, this item emits a signal that tricks aliens into approaching it. Does not fool robotic, psionic, or EXALT enemies.
- Two uses per mission (Support class soldiers get three uses with Deep Pockets).
- This device can be useful:
- To draw enemies out of cover.
- During Terror Site missions, to draw enemies towards it rather than allowing them to kill unseen civilians in a distant part of the map.
- Shortly before the end of the Site Recon mission, to temporarily distract the Chryssalids and facilitate the squad's escape to the extraction zone.