|“||Magnetized projectile tech has enabled us to create rifle-style slugthrowers. They represent a substantial improvement in power relative to conventional assault rifles.||”|
- The weapon is tactically similar to the standard XCOM assault rifle, but has a significant improvement in damage.
- It has higher damage than the base ADVENT magnetic rifle (5-7 compared to 3-4) but is identical to the rifle carried by ADVENT Advanced Troopers stat-wise.
- The weapon is capable of one-shotting certain enemies on easier difficulties; ADVENT Officers, Vipers, and Sectoids tend to fall quickly to the weapon compared to their resistance to the Assault Rifle.
- When the weapon is researched and purchased in the Armory, all standard Assault Rifles will be instantly replaced by the Magnetic Rifle.
- The weapon's muzzle burst has a lighter, more orangish tone to it than the bright red of ADVENT magnetic rifles.
- It is similar to the Laser Rifle in usage from XCOM: Enemy Unknown, but has higher damage to fit with the general improvement of weapons in the game.
|Sniper Rifles: |
(Specialists, Rangers, Psi Operatives and Rookies)
|Shotgun||Cannon||Sniper Rifle||Assault Rifle|
|Shard Gun||Mag Cannon||Gauss Rifle||Magnetic Rifle|
|Storm Gun||Beam Cannon||Plasma Lance||Plasma Rifle|
|Grenade Launchers: |
|Sword||Grenade Launcher||Pistol||GREMLIN||Psi Amp|
|Arc Blade||Advanced Grenade Launcher||Mag Pistol||GREMLIN Mark II||Advanced Psi Amp|
|Fusion Blade||(none)||Beam Pistol||GREMLIN Mark III||Alien Psi Amp|