Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Confers +100% damage against robotic enemies.||”|
– In-Game Description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Modified in XCOM: Enemy Within:
|“||Confers +50% damage against robotic enemies.||”|
– In-Game Description, XCOM: Enemy Within
- The expansion modifies this ability to confer +50% damage against robotic enemies.
- It also adds two new robotic enemies: Seekers and Mechtoids.
- Since HEAT Ammo increases all damage output and Mechtoids, being part organic, are susceptible to psi attacks, a Psionic Heavy with this ability deals 7 points of damage using Mindfray against Mechtoids, instead of the usual 5.
- Despite the implications of the name "HEAT ammo" (referring to shaped-charge warheads on High-Explosive Anti-Tank ordnance), it applies its damage bonus to all attacks, including rifle-caliber machine gun rounds, and even laser weapons and plasma-based directed energy weapons. Perhaps most interestingly, even psionic attacks from a Heavy soldier with the Gift will also benefit from it.
- Despite their biomechanical appearance, Floaters and Heavy Floaters are not affected by HEAT Ammo.
- HEAT ammo is a likely nod to the original UFO: Enemy Unknown's autocannon, which was capable of loading high-explosive rounds that were more effective against robotic enemies than the standard Armor Piercing shells.