|“||Our advanced research in alien physiology has allowed us to synthesize a modified version of the poison projected by the Thin Man, and containerize it in grenade form.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Within
Production Time: Immediate
- Creates a poison gas cloud at impact site
- Affects all targets in blast radius
- Poison lasts 1-3 turns, doing damage each turn
- Gas Grenade delivers a poisonous cloud similar to a Thin Man's Poison Spit ability but with a much larger cloud; this cloud will also poison susceptible units that pass through it.
- Besides doing damage over time the effect of poison reduces target's Aim by 20 and Movement by 3. This effect stacks with Suppression and Flashbang Grenade.
- Robotic units as well as Chryssalids, Zombies and Thin Men are immune.
- Soldiers equipped with a Medikit, Respirator Implant, Archangel Armor, Ghost Armor, MEC suit, or Titan Armor are immune as well.
- A Gas Grenade can be quite useful to reliably whittle down enemies' health to 1 HP for capture with an Arc Thrower, without the risk of accidental death with a weapon.
- EXALT members will run right into the poisonous cloud if a Gas Grenade is tossed near the encoder on Covert Data Recovery missions.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|