|“||The charges on this grenade don't seem all that powerful, but according to Shen, the liquefied gases inside should lead to an instantaneous freeze effect.||”|
– Central Officer Bradford after equipping the Frost Bomb on a soldier for the first time.
In-Game Description Edit
- Frost Bombs freeze all units in the blast radius, preventing them from taking any actions for one turn
- Frost bombs have a smaller radius than standard frag grenades
In-game effects Edit
- Normally, this grenade deals no damage but any units caught in the blast radius are frozen solid for one turn.
- This effect also prevents all reaction abilities, such as a Codex's duplication, a Chosen's reactive teleport from Planewalker, Revenge shots and even Ruler Reactions.
- Rulers, however, interact differently with the Frozen debuff, as each Ruler Reaction negated by it will count as an individual tick towards the effect's expiration.
- The Grenadier's Volatile Mix combat tactic may cause even non-damaging grenades, such as the Flashbang and the Frost Bomb, to deal 2 points of damage on a critical hit.
- Freezing an enemy who has created Psi Zombies and/or is mind controlling a unit will cancel both effects. Given their immunity to Flashbangs, this is the only non-lethal way to free an XCOM operative being mind controlled by the Warlock or an Avatar.