|“||This grenade-style weapon emits a disorienting flash of light accompanying sounds. Any enemy that can see the blast will be disoriented, suffering severe penalties to Aim and movement. Robotic and psionic enemies are immune.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Within
Production Time: Immediate
- 5 Engineers
- Enemy units inside the blast radius suffer significant Aim and movement penalties during their next turn.
- Robotic and advanced psionic enemies are immune.
- Disorients enemies for a penalty of -50 Aim and -50% Movement for 2 turns.
- Useful to weaken the chances of being hit by enemies on Overwatch or to soften up an alien for a stun attempt with the Arc Thrower.
- The psionic foes immune to this grenade are Ethereal, Uber Ethereal, and Sectoid Commander.
- Like the Smoke Grenade, can be deployed to full effect by stealthed Soldiers without revealing themselves.
- Although the grenade's description suggests that its effects are based on line-of-sight, it only affects enemies within its AOE marker.
- Using a Flashbang Grenade while cloaked will not disable cloak. This can be particularly useful in disabling enemies such as Mutons while following up with other attacks.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|