|“||Confers bonus health based on which type of armor is equipped. Heavier armor increases the bonus.||”|
– In-Game Description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- +1 HP with Light Armor (Body Armor)
- +2 HP with Medium Armor (Carapace Armor, Ghost Armor, Psi Armor, Skeleton Suit)
- +4 HP with Heavy Armor (Archangel Armor, Titan Armor)
- The HP total shown when equipping gear does not reflect the bonus health from Extra Conditioning. This issue has been fixed in XCOM: Enemy Within.
- In XCOM: Enemy Within, Carapace Armor grants +4 HP with Extra Conditioning. It is unknown if this is how it was meant to be in XCOM: Enemy Unknown or a bug in the expansion.
- Covert Operatives cannot benefit from this due to the inability to equip body armor.