An EXALT Elite Sniper is an new enemy introduced in XCOM: Enemy Within.
An EXALT Elite Sniper is a more formidable foe than a standard EXALT Sniper. In addition to superior Aim, Health, and Will, they are armed with an EXALT Laser Sniper Rifle (equivalent to XCOM's Laser Sniper Rifle). They are also genetically modified with Depth Perception, and possess the Executioner ability.
|Damn Good Ground||Confers +10 Aim and +10 Defense against enemies at a lower elevation, in addition to the usual elevation bonuses.|
|Executioner||Confers +10 Aim against targets with less than 50% health.|
|Snap Shot||Removes the sniper rifle's restriction on firing and Overwatch after moving. Any shots taken suffer a -10 Aim penalty.|
- EXALT members will commit suicide if captured.
- If killed, the player receives an EXALT Laser Sniper Rifle, which is identical in stats to its XCOM counterpart. The EXALT Laser Sniper Rifle can be sold freely for 2 credits at the Gray Market. It cannot be used until the Precision Lasers research project is completed.
- EXALT Snipers should be engaged as closely as possible to reduce their accuracy.
- The Elite Snipers are extremely proficient at dispatching targets who are wounded or below them. Keep soldiers' health high and try to maintain higher footing to mitigate their edge.
- This unit's -10 critical chance penalty on Easy and Normal difficulties counteracts the weapon's +30, resulting in a net 20% critical chance.
- Killing an EXALT Elite Sniper with one of your own Snipers in single player mode grants the "G'day" achievement. This may be a reference to the Team Fortress 2 sniper.
- EXALT Elite Snipers are the only EXALT Elite units with a gene mod that is also available to XCOM.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Enemies|
|Aliens|| Berserker • Chryssalid • Cyberdisc • Drone • Ethereal (Uber) • Floater (Heavy) • Mechtoid |
Muton (Elite) • Outsider • Sectoid (Commander) • Sectopod • Seeker • Thin Man • Zombie
|EXALT||EXALT Heavy (Elite) • EXALT Medic (Elite) • EXALT Operative (Elite) • EXALT Sniper (Elite)|