Drones are small, flying alien mechanical devices that provides fire support, first aid, and field repair for Zudjari forces while also harasses the player's Agents with their in-built assortment of laser beams. Drones utilize a smaller version of the Outsider gravity manipulation technology in order to fly.
It is implied that these devices are not truly autonomous, but remote-controlled by an operator. This is supported by the fact that killing the Minion Commander who summoned them will also destroy them instantly.
An Advanced Drone is simply a sturdier versions of the basic Drone with additional platings that can only appear as a map spawn and not a summoned minion. They are fairly rare, however.
Aside from the default laser beam, each Drone can be equipped with specialized beams that provides different types of support during a firefight.
- Lift Beam: The Drone selects a random target and suspends it in the air for a brief period of time, similar to the player's own Lift power.
- Heal Beam: Exactly as it says on the tin. This beam restores lost health to a random ally.
Hostile Drones possess both upgrades.
- These enemies should be priority targets when they appear on the field. They are able to flank Carter and his Agents by circling high above cover. Their laser beams can prove quite a nuisance when there is a big and dangerous threat in play, like a Muton or Sectopod. Thankfully Drones are quite fragile, and won't be able to endure much punishment.
- If there is a Minion Commander lurking around, focus on him first and foremost instead of the Drones. They will all die when he is killed.
- Assign each of one's squadmates to a specific Drone can speed up their elimination.
|Enemies of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified|
|Zudjari||Axis • Commander (Minion • Psion • Shield • Tech) • Infiltrator • Outsider (Elite • Scout) • Phantom (Elite) • Rocket Sniper (Elite)|
|Servants||Drone (Advanced) • Gunship • Turret • Muton (Elite) • Sectoid • Sectopod (Heavy) • Silacoid • Titan|