|“||Allows both actions to be used for Standard Shot, Headshot, or Disabling Shot, provided no moves were made. 1 turn cooldown.||”|
– In-Game Description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Overwatch is not available after the first shot has been fired.
- If there is no available target after the first shot has been fired (and provided this skill is not on cooldown), the sniper's turn is automatically ended.
- The second shot must be executed immediately after the first shot, so it's highly recommended to have sight on at least two enemies before shooting. This can be done with the Sniper or with another soldier if the Sniper has the skill Squadsight.
- A Double Tap is a shooting technique where two shots are fired in rapid succession at the same target with the same sight picture (different from the controlled pair, where a second sight picture is acquired for the second shot).
- A "double tap" can also refer to firing an extra shot to confirm a hostile kill, such as delivering a headshot to an already incapacitated or dead target