Disoriented is a status effect in XCOM 2.
It imposes a -20 penalty to aim, -30 penalty to Will, reduces movement by 6 tiles per action, and restricts use of most specialized abilities. Lasts 2 turns. It will also cancel overwatch, suppression, mind control, and reanimated corpses if used on the creator of the zombie.
Effect can be caused by:
- Flashbang Grenades
- Using a Specialist's Capacitor Discharge on organic units
- A hit from a ADVENT Stun Lancer melee attack
- A Sectoid's Mindspin or Psi-Disorientation abilities
- Hacking an ADVENT Security Tower
- ADVENT Officers can still mark a target.
- Mutons cannot counter-attack in melee.
- Psionic aliens cannot use any Psi.
- Codex can neither teleport nor clone itself.
- Andromedon can still use Acid Bomb.
- Shieldbearer can still use Energy Shield.
- Avatar is Immune to becoming disoriented.
- Berserkers and Faceless can still use melee attacks.
- ADVENT Stun Lancers and Chryssalids cannot use melee attacks.
- In XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, all the Chosen are Immune to becoming disoriented.