Disoriented is a status effect in XCOM 2.
While Disoriented, a unit gains a -20 penalty to Aim, -30 penalty to Will, reduces Mobility by 6, and restricts use of most specialized abilities. It will also cancel Overwatch, Suppression, Mind Control, and will end Psi Reanimation if used on the creator of the Psi Zombie.
Disoriented lasts two turns after being applied, and cannot stack turns with itself if applied during the effect.
Effect can be caused by:
- Flashbang Grenades
- using a Specialist's Capacitor Discharge on organic units
- having the effect occur from a ADVENT Stun Lancer melee attack
- rolling for the effect from a Sectoid's Mindspin
- rolling for the effect from a Psi Operative's Insanity
- Hacking an ADVENT Security Toweras a hack reward (disorients all enemies)
- While Disoriented,
- ADVENT Officers can still use Mark Target.
- Mutons cannot use Counter.
- Psionic enemies cannot use any Psionic attacks.
- Codex cannot use Teleport or Clone.
- ADVENT Stun Lancers and Chryssalids cannot use melee attacks.
- Andromedon can still use Acid Bomb.
- ADVENT Shieldbearers can still use Energy Shield.
- Berserkers and Faceless can still use melee attacks.
- Avatars, and Robotic units are immune to being disoriented.
- In XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, all of the Chosen are Immune to becoming disoriented.