|“||Confers an additional item slot in inventory.||”|
– In-Game Description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
This ability is modified in XCOM: Enemy Within:
|“||All limited-use items in your inventory receive one extra use.||”|
– In-Game Description, XCOM: Enemy Within
The additional slot can be used to equip a second item, however it generally cannot be used to equip a duplicate of the same item. A few exceptions exist, including Frag Grenades, Alien Grenades, and Arc Throwers; doing so doubles the number of available uses.
This ability was modified to grant one additional use of most limited-use items in the soldier's inventory. This is due to the introduction of Tactical Rigging, which allows all (non-MEC Trooper) classes to carry two items.
- All grenades can be used twice.
- Medikits can be used twice. The Field Medic ability stacks with Deep Pockets, so a Support with both have four uses of a Medikit.
- Arc Throwers can be used three times.
- Mimic Beacons can be used three times.
- Does not affect Combat Stims.
- Does not affect a Support's Smoke Grenade ability.