|“||By integrating components of the advanced alien navigation systems, we can fire self-guided rockets capable of navigating to the intended target without direct line-of-sight. Damage output has also been significantly improved through use of the alien fusion core.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown, all difficulties:||XCOM: Enemy Within, Classic & Impossible difficulties:|
- Effective Range: Medium
- Base Damage: 9 (+3 for 12 with Mayhem, since it is Tech Level 3)
- Critical Chance: N/A
- Critical Damage: N/A
|“||▪ Upgrade to conventional rockets that permits projectiles to navigate the battlefield|
▪ Substantial damage improvement over the conventional rocket launcher
▪ Blaster bombs have a blast radius of 3 tiles
▪ Friendly targets in the blast area are affected
▪ Blaster bombs are useful for destroying cover and forcing enemies to spread out
|– Tactical Info, XCOM: Enemy Unknown|
- The Blaster Launcher has a unique targeting capability. It fires green spherical guided bombs. The bomb trajectory can arc over obstacles and curve behind cover. This allows the soldier to hit enemies not in their line of sight, and circumvent obstacles that could have otherwise blocked the shot.
- The Blaster Launcher projectile can sometimes get caught on an object during its firing animation and remain frozen in place for several seconds, but will then teleport to where it is supposed to land before detonating.
- The explosion sound is extremely loud and lingers, showing that it is among if not the most powerful weapon XCOM has developed.
- Substantial damage improvement over the conventional rocket launcher (150% of the base damage).
- Danger Zone adds +2 to the blast radius.
- When combined with HEAT Ammo this weapon can be devastating to even the toughest robotic enemies, dealing a theoretical amount of 18 damage with Mayhem ((9+3) x 150%).
- A vehicle caught in the blast of a rocket explodes immediately, harming/killing anyone using the vehicle for cover.
- Can only be fired by a soldier who has not moved during their turn.
- Can only be used once per mission unless the soldier wielding it has the Rocketeer ability, then they may fire twice.
- The Shredder Rocket does not count towards a use.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|