|“||Soviet automatic rifle, caliber 7.62mm||”|
– In-Game Description, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
The AK-47 is only available in the Hangar 6: R&D DLC campaign, found in the second test chamber on a crate. It becomes fairly common from the fourth test onward.
It is a fairly good medium range rifle capable of fast rate of fire, giving the ability to quickly put loads of bullets into the enemy. However, fast rate of fire also means greater recoil and barrel climb, so this means that player need to fire short burst to use this rifle over long range engagement.
The rifle in question is a selective fire gas-operated firearm with long stroke gas pistol and rotating bolt mechanics. It is fed from 30 rounds box magazine and have an effective range up to 300-400 meters.
It can take out early enemies very easily, however, becomes outdated once Laser Pulse Rifle and Rotary Plasma Cannon are available unless the player wants to unlock the "Conscientious Objector" achievement by using only human-designed weapons.
- "AK-47" naming is a common misconception, since 1947 model (the actual AK-47) was only a prototype - with production model adopted in 1949 instead.
- The AK featured in the game has a slant muzzle compensator, found on later AKM service rifle, however it still retains the original AK's milled receiver.
- The rifle's in-game model also features a strange position of the pistol grip and trigger grouping, and is held in a very odd way. This could be explained by the fact that since the rifle shares the grip animation with M14 Rifle (lacking a pistol grip) - the model was modified to compensate for this.
- The in-game AK-47 is set to semi-automatic, as can be seen on the side of the weapon model, yet still fires in full-automatic.
|Weapons and Equipment of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified|
|Pistols||M1911 Pistol • Z-62 Machine Pistol • Laser Pistol • Light Plasma Pistol • Heavy Plasma Pistol • Microwave Gun|
|Assault Rifles & SMGs||M14 Rifle • AK-47 • Laser SMG • Laser Pulse Rifle|
|Shotguns||M1897 Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Plasma Assault Cannon|
|Sniper Rifles||M1903-A4 Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|
|Heavy Weapons||Blaster Launcher • Rotary Plasma Cannon • Lightning Cannon|
|Grenades||Frag Grenade • Sticky Grenade|
|Misc.||Venn Brace • Backpacks|